The consensus is clear that Climate Change driven by an accumulation of greenhouse gasses (GHG) in the atmosphere is an existential threat to the entire planet. The Climate Action Center is dedicated to accelerating solutions to reduce GHG emissions and prepare communities across the world for the impacts of Climate Change. We do this by applying advanced Digital Engineering techniques and digital modeling to accelerate, de-risk and improve the outcomes of complex projects being undertaken by government and private sector organizations. Moreover, we are building a global knowledge sharing network that enables organizations to freely share their Climate Change solutions by making our models free and open-source to ensure their widest possible reuse.
Do you want to be a part of our dynamic team that is working to solve world-class problems using advanced technology? We provide you the opportunities, resources and guidance if you are passionate, focused and dedicated to the mission.
As a Digital Engineering Intern, you will:
- Assist CAC Digital engineers in maintaining MBSE environments, providing assistance to our government and private sector clients as a subject matter expert on the relevant tools and processes
- Assist in the creation of digital models that represent real-world solutions being implemented at municipal, regional and national levels to eliminate GHG emissions and ensure climate resiliency
- Assist in the curation of our open-source repository of digital models and assist our public and private sector clients in choosing the correct models to fit their requirements
- Assist in technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and efficiency analyses for “systems of systems”—modeling can be performed for all lifecycle stages including: concept, design, manufacturing, test, installation, operation, maintenance and decommissioning
- Work with a multidisciplinary team to undertake the logical and detailed conversion of customer requirements into “system-of-systems” models that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints
- Assist in maintaining an online catalog of existing open-source digital models to ensure the widest possible reuse of these models. The catalog includes detailed descriptions of the models, environments in which the models are most appropriate to be used, a list of required inputs for the models and more.
- Ensure that digital models in our global, open-source repository are kept up to date by merging changes provided by our customers back into the appropriate models (similar to the way an open-source software repository is maintained)
To promote further acceleration and de-risking of Climate Change related projects, the Climate Action Center offers an inclusive work environment that supports diversity, out-of-the box thinking, calculated risk-taking and people that do not fear disrupting normal ways of working in order to achieve 10x gains in effectiveness (think SpaceX).
Our culture also promotes:
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentoring and mentorship opportunities
- Rewards & recognition
- Experience applying SysML to Systems Engineering efforts and working with modern SysML tools
- Ability to apply Systems Engineering processes in collaborative, multi-stakeholder setting
- Ability to support multiple programs concurrently
- Familiarity with MBSE execution and analysis tools and managing model content
- Familiarity with RHEA Group’s Comet / CDP4
- Familiarity with Cameo/MagicDraw/Rhapsody
- Familiarity with IBM DOORS
- Familiarity with OOSEM
- Familiarity integrating analysis tools via Model Center
- Demonstrated behaviors of a systems thinker; selects and applies appropriate systems thinking skills to solve very sophisticated problems and implement constructive change
- Understanding of Climate Change including both its causes and anticipated impacts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong social skills, and ability to build consensus among peers while building solid relationships with team members
Intern. Should have completed an undergraduate degree that included some exposure to Model Based System Engineering and/or Digital Engineering tools
The Climate Action Center is a pre-revenue / high-impact startup. Launching the organization will require a staff of three to four people who are willing to volunteer a minimum of two days per week with no pay but with the ability to earn equity in the company for time worked. As soon as we secure a paying launching customer, investment or a government grant, we will convert volunteer staff to paid staff. At the moment, we cannot anticipate an exact date for this, although we expect to reach one of these milestones in early 2022. If you join in this capacity, you will be officially designated as a “Founder” of the Climate Action Center.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org